Professor Gorazd Meško is Dean of the Faculty of Criminal Justice and Security at the University of Maribor, Slovenia. His current research interests include situational action theory and empirical tests of parental control of the youth in Slovenia (PADS+ study, with P-O Wikström), and legitimacy of policing and criminal justice in new democracies (with Justice Tankebe). He was a visiting scholar at the Institute of Criminology in Cambridge in 1995 (a project on criminal careers) and 2001 (OSI HESP post-doc research on crime prevention in Western societies). He is editor in chief of the Slovenian Journal of Criminal Investigation and Criminology, and a member of editorial boards of Policing - An International Journal of Police Strategies and Management and European Journal on Criminal Policy and Research.
- Meško, G. & Tankebe, J. (eds.) (forthcoming). Understanding Legitimacy of Criminal Justice in Europe. New York: Springer.
- Reisig, M., Tankebe, J. & Meško, G. (forthcoming). Compliance with the Law in Slovenia: The Role of Procedural Justice and Police Legitimacy, European Journal on Criminal Policy and Research.
- Meško, G. Sotlar, A. & Lobnikar, B. (2014). Policing in Central and Eastern Europe: Past, Present, and Future Prospects. In Reisig, D.M. and Kane, R. J. (eds.), The Oxford Handbook of Police and Policing. Oxford: Oxford University Press.
- Hirtenlehner, H., Pauwels, L, Meško G. (2014). Is the effect of perceived deterrence on juvenile offending contingent on the level of self-control?: results from three countries. The British journal of criminology, (54) 1, 128-150.
- Bertok, E. Meško, G. (2014). Self-control and morality in Slovenian primary and secondary school sample: the results of YouPrev study. Journal of Criminal Justice and Security. (15)4, 480-493.
- Meško, G., Fields, C. B., Lobnikar, B. & Sotlar, A. (eds). (2013). Handbook on Policing in Central and Eastern Europe. New York: Springer.
- Meško, G., Sotlar, A. & Greene, J. (eds.)(2013). Criminal Justice and Security in Central and Eastern Europe. Ljubljana: Faculty of Criminal Justice and Security.
- Meško, G. & Furman, R. (2013). Police and Prosecutorial Cooperation in Responding to Transnational Crime. In Reichel, P. & Albanese, J. (eds). Handbook on Transnational Crime and Justice. Sage Publications.
- Meško, G., Tominc, B., & Sotlar A. (2013). Urban Security Management in the Capitals of the Former Yugoslav republics. European Journal of Criminology. DOI: 10.1177/1477370812473537
- Eman, K., Meško, G. Dobovšek, B & Sotlar, A. (2013). Environmental Crime and Green Criminology in South Eastern Europe-Practice and Research. Crime, Law and Social Change. DOI: 10.1007/s10611-013-9419-0
- Reisig, M.D., Tankebe, J., & Meško, G. (2012). Procedural Justice, Police Legitimacy and Public Cooperation with the Police among Young Slovene Adults. Journal of Criminal Justice and Security, (14)2, 147-164.
- Meško, G., & Jere, M. (2012). Crime, Criminal Justice and Criminology in Slovenia. European Journal of Criminology, (9)3, 323-334.
- Bertok, E., Wikstrom, P-O, Hardie, B & Meško, G. (2012). Starševski nadzor nad najstniki v srednji šoli in s tem povezana odklonskost (Parental control of teenagers in primary and high school and their deviance). Revija za kriminalistiko in kriminologijo, (63)4, 311-320.
- Nalla, M., Rydberg, J. & Meško, G. (2011). Organisational Factors, Environmental Climate, and Job Satisfaction among Police in Slovenia. European Journal of Criminology, (8)2, 144-156.
- Reisig, M. D. & Meško, G. (2009). Procedural Justice, Legitimacy and Prisoner Misconduct. Psychology, Crime and Law, (15)1, 41-59.
- Meško, G. & Klemen?i?, G. (2007). Rebuilding Legitimacy and Police Professionalism in an Emerging Democracy - the Slovenian Experience. In T. R. Tyler (ed.), Legitimacy and Criminal Justice: International Perspectives. New York: Russell Sage Foundation, 84-114.